7.08.2008

Families and disability blogosphere

There is a growing number of parents of children with disabilities starting blogs and sharing their experiences and knowledge (and joys, hopes, heartache, and more) online.  


I am a big believer in the wisdom of families, and so this post is a tribute to those families who have joined the blogosphere and helped create a community of family/disability bloggers.  


I've created an extensive blogroll of links entitled The Big List of family/special needs blogs.  I encourage other bloggers to look through them and share some 'link love' with a few that you most like--that is how communities are built on the web.

6 comments:

Princess Abigail said...

Thank you! This is a great initiative, and such a useful reference place for parents like us. Thanks so much for taking this initiative.
Alison
(The Bernard Bunch)

Matt --attorney, researcher, and (now) blogger said...

Thanks Alison. We didn't get started on the blog until last November, but I think it is coming along pretty well. We still need to get the word out and more links to our site, but that too is coming along.

Did you check out our Community of Practice on Early Childhood Family Support? This blog originated as an offshoot of that community.

Princess Abigail said...

No I didn't see the Community of Practice on Early Childhood Family Support but I'll take a look. The Bernard Bunch has hyperlinked you to our site and we hope this helps a little. There are so few sites like yours and yet they are so useful. Good job Matt and co!
Alison
(The Bernard Bunch)

Matt --attorney, researcher, and (now) blogger said...

The link for our Community of Practice is at the top of the left sidebar (I may not have added it back in by the time you checked the site before)

Princess Abigail said...

Hi again Matt!
I found it and it was - IS - indeed very useful. I tried to register but couldn't ... I was wondering if I was doing something really dumb here ... is there something I'm missing??
Keep up the good work !!
Speak soon
Alison

Matt --attorney, researcher, and (now) blogger said...

Sorry, I probably should have warned you--we are updating the community of practice software this week and there have been a few glitches and we've had to take it down for changes a few times.

I'll let the CoP administrator know you are having difficulties; I'm sure he can get the problem worked out pretty quickly. Sorry again for the problem.

I'll also be sure to write a post when the transition to the new software is complete (I expect that to happen this week).

Powered By Blogger