2.28.2008

About this Blog: Redux

Navigating the web and finding information that you need, might need, or are interests in, can be challenging at times.  Blogs can help, but their chronological publication can also bury the posts that you would be most interested in reading beneath months of subsequent posts.

So, my answer to this problem is the Redux post.
In other words, when we post a series of blogs on a topic (such as we have been doing on transition) and the number of posts become significant, I will try to write a Redux post on the topic that provides an overview and links to what can be found related to the topic on this blog, in discussion threads on the Community of Practice site, and on the blogs that we link to.  Thereafter, if I publish a new post on the topic, I will update the Redux post within a few days and republish it with the new information and link.  
This will mean I go against blog tradition and change the date of the Redux so that it stays at the top of the folder for that topic even after I've added new posts.  While blog purists may be offended by this off-the-cuff digression from standard blogging form, I think it will be worth it since you will see the Redux guide to each topic as the first post when you click on one of the folders.  It will include links to everything in the same folder as well as any cross over topics or related issues that might be of interest.
This week, I will create the first real Redux document around our transition topic.  So stay tuned or, if you are really opposed to this violation of unwritten blog law, you can give me an earful in the comments.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Matt,
This concept/idea makes sense to me. It deals with a problem that readers deal with. I am anxious to see exactly what this looks like and how it works.

Matt --attorney, researcher, and (now) blogger said...

Me too.

Hopefully, I'll find time today to write it and then we will both know. :)

Anonymous said...

Since I'm relatively new to blogging and it takes alot of time to read through past posts to find the nuggets of gold that may exist in their lengthy content, the Redux idea sounds great to me. Thanks for making the extra effort to make this blog easier to use.

Powered By Blogger